Dive shops in Maui, HI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjcm

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are taking a dive trip to Maui in October this year.
Has anyone been there? Does anyone have any recommendations
for the best Dive group to use there? We are considering the Maui Dive Shop.

A lot depends upon where you will staying and what kind of diving you are looking for.

Personally I'd consider someone else with your experience level.
Their boat also leaves out of Ma'alea so it's a drive from either resort area.

In the Kihei area - Ed Robinsons, B&B Scuba or Mike Severns.
shorediving - Shaka Divers or Maui Dreams Dive Co.

In the Lahaina/Ka'anapali area - Lahaina Divers or Extended Horizons
shorediving - Tiny Bubbles

Maui Dive Shop is good for tank rentals, they have 1/2 dozen locations that do.
Not all of them rent tanks though so check their store locator.

thread moved to the O'hana...

In Kihei, I'll also add Makena Coast Charters and Dive & Sea for boat diving. I'll also say for those staying in West Maui (Kaanapali, Napili, Kapalua, Lahaina, etc)' that it is worth getting up early and driving to Kihei to catch a boat to Molokini and South Maui sites.

Maui Dreams or B&B in Kihei for tank and weight rentals. I'd agree with diversteve and Divemaven too.

I would have written exactly what diversteve did. Debbie and I have been diving Hawaii once a year since 1998, mostly on Maui, though also Kona. I actually certified through Maui Dive Shop back when they ran excursions from Kihei, Lahaina and elsewhere. Now, although the have several retail outlets, they operate only from Maalea. They are "everywhere" though for tank and weight rentals, and they will rent you a dive flag if you don't have one. They will rent all gear you may need. We stay near Lahaina, and have grown to be very comfortable with Lahaina divers, who depart right from Lahaina harbor, and go everywhere from there: Molokini, Lanai, Molokai for hammerheads, and many local sites that are great: The Carpathian, Olawalu, Mal pier, and scores of others. I think the best sites are on the West side of Maui, and from there Lanai is a shorter boat ride that from other places, though the run down to Molokini is a little longer. Have a great trip!
DivemasterDennis

Scooter Diver.jpgCome try scooter diving in South Maui! PM me if you are interested.

I've dove with just about everyone. We just go wtih B&B any longer. Very happy with them.

we use B & B while doing boat dives out of Kihei and Extended Horizons when going to Lanai...

Back
Top Bottom