looking for dive buddy (s) maui july 16-21. question about dive ops also

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richh32

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello
anyone want to do some diving? i am going solo and will be in maui for 6 days just to dive. i am going to be in the lahaina area and have narrowed my list to lahaina divers and extened horizons but there seems to be some popularity with some dive ops out of the area, (for example ed robinson or shaka dives). i want to do 3 or 4 tanks a day and throw in a night dive or shore dive. is it worth the trek to say ed robinson for a adventure trip or shaka for shore dives down kihel way or would I be just as well off staying in lahaina and doing all my diving there? thanks in advance.
rich

Try to get ahold of scubahawk27 on these forums, he has some scooters and they are a BLAST. Great people to dive with also. He is a dive master and can take you on a great shore dive. My opion is they are more fun than any boat dive I have been on in Maui. I just got back one week ago or I would go with you.

Have fun and enjoy
Steve E.

You might check out Ed Robinsons for their 3-tank charter on Tuesdays. They only take 10 divers so check soon for availability if you're interested.

thanks for the input, much appreciated

just booked ed robinsons 3 tank tuesday for starters:D I cant wait.

Last edited:
We (whole family) will be on Maui from the 17th to the 24th.
My son & I have a trip to Lanai booked on Friday the 20th. If I can get hooked up with Shaka Doug we will be diving
South Maui either Thursday, or on the weekend.
We will be staying in Ka'anapali & plan on shore diving every day.
PM me if you want to do some dives together.

Hey Rich,

Let me know if you want to try a scooter dive. Just took Sim from NJ today to Marty's reef at Makena Landing and he said it was in his top ten out of over 500 dives. If you havn't tried it before you will have a blast. We scootered today with an eagle ray for a while. PM me if you are interested.

Lahaina Divers will get you 4 dives a day on boats most days. Multiple dives with one operator will result in some decent discounts, important as Hawaii is pretty pricey for boat dives. Good shore diving abounds on the West end north of Lahaina, a good site is a few miles south at Olawalu, and south of Kihei is Ulua bay, 5 caves and many others. Maui Dive Shop has a great magazine in their shops and outlets that locates each and gives you some information on each. Grab one as soon as you can- they are free.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom