diving Princeville area (Kauai)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know that there are no dive boats at the N end of the island, but...

Any local dive shops or instructor/guides that can help me set up for a 1/2 day (2 dives) of shore diving up north?

I'm the only diver in my group, everyone else will be snorkeling for the whole 7 days, so I need a guide/buddy, etc. I was thinking Tunnels as a shore dive might be cool? Local advice very welcome...

Arriving TOMORROW :) WHOOO HOOO and would like to dive Tue or Wed.

Call Fathom Five, their other operation (Ocean Quest) does guided shore dives at Tunnels. Scuba Dive Kauai with Fathom Five, rated #1 by Ultimate Kauai Guidebook

Thanks for the recommendation! I did two shore dives with Blake from Fathom Five and had a great time. Conditions weren't perfect, but 78F with 30-40ft viz (first dive) was better than San Diego diving. The tide turned and we had a swell from an offshore storm that dropped viz to only 20ft for the second dive.

Would absolutely use Fathom Five again. This is my second trip using them for Kauai. It won't be my last.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom