scuba diving in Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Iam traveling to Kauai for some vacation and was looking to find a dive operatior close to where i was staying in kapaa and also any good boat dives

I highly recommend Seasport divers. Sheraton Caverns is an awesome dive. Its 45-60' so you get a lot of bottom time. The best diving is at Niihau(sp).

I really enjoyed the diving in Kauai. Seasport filmed the dives then played them at the shop and briefed is on everything we saw which I enjoyed.

Have fun you will enjoy it. Make sure to take a tour of the Napali Coast. Go by raft if you don't get seasick!

Seasport has a shop in Kapaa.

Before you plan Ni'ihau decide if this is you:
This Dive is for experienced divers. We often drift one or two dives and the depths are greater then on the South Shore trips. The first dive is usually 100-120 feet, the second is in that 60-80 foot range and the third dive is 40-50 feet. It's a long day filled with incredible sights above and below the water. We're usually back to the shop around 6pm. A light breakfast, a large lunch, snacks, water and juice provided. We recommend that you book your Ni'ihau trip in advance.
It's also often a rough return. And will take all day - 2-1/2 hrs. on the boat each way.

Fast Lanes is another good dive off Kauai. Brennecke's Ledge also.

I agree with all of the above. Seasport is a good op and Sheraton Caverns is a nice dive with lots of Hawaiian Green Sea turtles as it is a cleaning station.

Ni'ihau is supposed to be a fantastic dive but can only be done certain times of the year when the weather cooperates. I was a new diver when I was there and it wasnt really the right time of year and so I never got a chance to go out there. I plan to do so on my next trip to Kauai.

Most of the dive ops will leave out Poipu Beach of which is about 18 miles from Kapaa.

The Napali Coast tour is so fantastic we ended up doing it twice and if you go with the right operator you can pay a few bucks more and get in a dive while others are snorkeling.

Kapaa

Another option to consider is Fathom Five.

They run smaller numbers and I've been very impressed with the knowledge and skill of their dive guides, both for boat and shore diving.

Another option to consider is Fathom Five.

They run smaller numbers and I've been very impressed with the knowledge and skill of their dive guides, both for boat and shore diving.

+1. Was very happy wirh these folks.

You'll find (as mentioned) that you'll be travelling south to Poipu at least to do your dives. It's a short run in the morning for you and Kapaa is a nice central location to enjoy both the north and south shores. There are approx 20 different south shore sites to visit from the boats. Morning dives are potentially a little deeper and sometimes drifts. PM boats are sometimes geared towards shallower and stationary dives. You'll find that Kauai has fantastic reefs with world class turtle encounters.

If you have any specific questions regarding the dives or just your vacation in general you can send me a PM with any and all of them. I personally have been diving here for over 10 years and will be more than happy to help you out with anything I can.

Have a great week

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom