Kona Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcynet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be in Kona next week and I will be only able to dive 1 Day / Night. I wanted to know if anyone had a suggestion on Who to dive with, and what dives to do.

If you do only one dive, do the Manta dive. We were very happy about diving with Wanna Dive Kona: a sixpack run by Steve Frisbi (friscuba here on SB) and his great crew.

Ask about the manta dive before booking. There's an algae bloom along the coast right now so the areas for them to feed are more spread out than normal. Our group went for the manta dive last night and didn't see any. Personal favorite so far is Place of refuge to the south of Kona. Alua beach just north is also a good dive but not an easy access to the shore. Today we did "mile marker 4" on Alii drive in Kona. not the easiest access but a short walk from the parking lot instead of lugging gear over the rocks and it was a great dive.

If you do only one dive, do the Manta dive. We were very happy about diving with Wanna Dive Kona: a sixpack run by Steve Frisbi (friscuba here on SB) and his great crew.
+1 for Wanna Dive

If the Manta Dive doesn't look so good ask about Pelagic Magic. Obviously Jack's is one option.

+1 for Kona Diving Co.

Pelagic magic is an awesome dive. Jacky's only runs it on Thursdays. 8/2 is full, but 8/9 is available - I just booked it yesterday and was #3 out of 6 slots.

We dove with Big Island Divers last year and had a good time. This year we booked their 5 charter package and are doing 4 morning 2-tank trips and the Blackwater night dive. We did the manta dive last tear and it was fabulous. If you check their website it will say how many mantas they saw last night

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom