No SDI shops on Kauai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CanadaScubaRN

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I completed SDI class/pool sessions... Planned to follow up with OW while on vacation...contracted Seasport in Kauai... They don't recognize SDI, strictly PADI shop..... Checked SDI website, all shops are mostly located on Maui, or Big Island !

Why not follow up with dives with your local shop. Water is still warm over here and on vacation you can just dive. Or see if you can locate an independent instructor from SEI, NAUI, etc.if you can't find one of us SDI/TDI instructors over there. They use the same universal referral form as we (SDI) do. Personally I'd do my cert dives here and not have to play the agency BS game there. There are a couple shops that advertise they offer other certs if you google Kauai dive operations. Bypass the shop and ask to speak to one of the non PADI instructors and ask him/her to do a private referral.

Or call SDI/TDI and ask them to hook you up with someone number is 1+207-729-4201 or toll free 1-888-778-9073

Check with George at Fathom Five.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post Merged at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I confirmed that Fathom Five in Old Koloa Town on Kauai will take your SDI Universal Referral.

Give them a call (or email) and ask for the owner, George. Tell him "Oren" sent you. He'll make sure that you're well taken care of.

Have a great time!

Back
Top Bottom