Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be vacationing in Maui HI from 17-Nov-2012 to 7-Dec-2012 and am looking for a dive buddy. We will be staying in the Kaanapali area. I have approx 40 dives over 4 years. Most have been warm water with maybe 8 cold water Saskatchewan dives. Interested in doing some shore diving, Maalaea Harbor, the fish preserve.

Clint

Don't you mean Mala Wharf? Maalea Harbor is about 20mins. south of Kaanapali and where many of the bigger boats leave from. I didn't know there was even a dive there.

Some other options might be: Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Maui, Hawaiian Islands

Tiny Bubbles also does shorediving nearby if you can't find a buddy. Scuba Dive Maui Hawaii | 808.870.0878 | Tiny Bubbles Scuba Diving Specializing in Scuba Dives.Snorkel Tours. and Scuba Diving Instruction on Maui | Let's Get Tanked

Maui Dreams Dive Co. used to have a buddy sign-up sheet but they're in Kihei - 45mins. or so south.

There's some good shore diving in West Maui: Mala Wharf, Black Rock, Airport Beach....to name a few. Hopefully you can find someone who is staying in the area to hook up with.

In July I was diving for a week with Lahaina Divers. Had a 10 boat dive package which also included unlimited tanks for shore diving.
If you're up for a really cool adventure you can contact Scubahawk from this site and see if he'll take you for a scooter dive.
He and his wife were a pleasure to meet. And the dive was phenomenal as well.

Well I just confirmed my next trip to Maui, Dec 1st thru the 9th. I have been there and dove alot 3 times in the last 10 months. I could do a few shore dives with you. I know of some good spots, we still have plenty of time but we can keep in touch.

Steve E.

---------- Post Merged at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:53 AM ----------

And the Scooter dives with scubahawk27 and his wife are best thing I have ever done diving.

Let it be known at Lahaina Divers, and the Maui Dive Shop location in Kaanapali that you are looking for a buddy, or hang out there, and you will find one or several. If you strike out, send me a plane ticket (one way is fine) and I will be happy to dive with you! I'll even pay for air and lead!
DivemasterDennsi

Steve's a great dive buddy, so definitely take him up on his offer. We'll be on island the first week the OP is there, but our place is in Kihei and I'm not sure what days we're going to shore dive...if at all since it's a short trip and we have three charters booked.

Hey Steve, look forward to seeing you again. Maybe its time to get a good quality used scooter on your next trip. I know where you can get one lol. Did you book a place or do you want to stay with us

I might just buy it before I go, been thinking about that. If I do you will have to go diving every day i'm there LOL. I got a condo (the wife is coming) YAAAAAAA. Maybe we can talk her into moving there. I am so ready to move there, just worn out from were i'm at. If I get a chance I might even come before december, I know were I can stay. Stella Blues for lunch ?

My bad I did mean Mala Wharf. I hear this is a great (interesting) shore dive. In 2011 I dove with Maui Dive shop, thought they were great. The sites were Cathedral 2, no name, reefs end, manta cleaning station and St.Anthony wreck. This Nov. would like to brush up with a half dozen shore dives then do a couple more charters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom