Upcoming PSI Cylinder Visual Inspector Certification Class - 24 Feb, Honolulu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those interested, I will be conducting a visual Cylinder Inspector certification class on 24 Feb 2014 in Honolulu. This certification course teaches the regulations and fundamentals of conducting visual inspections of solid wall and composite SCUBA and SCBA cylinders. The full day course is suited for those new to visual inspection well as those who have been inspecting without formal training through its wide range of inspection subjects including damage limits, neck cracking, and laws affecting inspectors. Additionally, this course meets the OSHA and DOT requirements for employee HAZMAT training and attendants completing the course are qualified to conduct HAZMAT training for cylinder handlers . It is recognized by USDOT, Compressed Gas Association, and cylinder manufacturers as the most comprehensive, up to date training available today on this subject. Previously certified inspectors may attend this full course under the VCIR for re-qualification. The course is open to anyone 16 years or older and no previous cylinder inspection experience is required. Participants receive certificate as Visual Cylinder Inspectors upon course completion. Course tuition is $295 for first time certification and $195 for recertification. You can sign up for the class at PSI-PCI - Home.

PM or email me (tanktest@gmail.com) if you have questions.

Myles

I know this is past the date of the class, but I have a question. How difficult is the certification class? I am helping to run a new dive area, and trying to open a small shop on site, and am wanting to add visuals to the services offered.

The class is not difficult at all. I provide all training materials and training aids. Additionally, I am more than happy to do the hands on portion on shop tanks so you kill two birds with one stone. Not only do you get experience on your own tanks, but they get a current visual inspection at the same time. I see you are in KY. I have receintly moved to Arkansas, so I am happy to travel to teach the class. There are different options availibile for classes you want to take. PSI offers the Visual Inspection class, a valve repair tech class, a O2 Cleaning tech Class, and a eddy current operator class. Please PM me, email me or give me a call if you are interested or have any questions.
V/R

Myles
(808)343-6594
tanktest@gmail.com

---------- Post added August 18th, 2014 at 05:42 AM ----------

Mahalo Gabe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom