What to dive in Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddville393

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to Honolulu for my anniversary in October and need some recommendations for diving. I'm only going to be there one week and my wife doesn't dive so I can only dedicate one day to diving. I want to get the most of out it so I would like to know what the must go to dive sites are, what the most recommended guides, and anything else I should know about diving in Oahu considering this will be my first time diving saltwater. Money is not really a concern, but I want my money's worth and I am willing to travel to just about anywhere on the island. I am interested most in the marine life, but wrecks are also very cool to me. Also I don't how this may affect things but I'm bringing my own gear. Thanks ahead of time for the advice.

On the one hand, the Sea Tiger is probably one of the most picturesque, salt water fish tank wrecks out there. On the other hand, it's 120' to the sand and thus won't offer you much bottom time and the 2nd dive will generally be a shallow, particularly uninteresting reef.

If you had just one day to dive here and are a relatively new diver, I'm going to suggest doing 2-3 tanks at Shark's Cove. In terms of guides, call Gabe at Kaimana Divers, he'll be able to give you a rundown of sites around the entire island and discuss what's likely to work best for you.

Another thing I might suggest if you are only diving one day. Just bring your dive computer and mask (if prescription lens) and rent the rest of your equipment. It doesn't make much sense to haul all your own gear for only one day.

Definitely the Sea Tiger -- I was in charge of her sinking for Voyager Submarines.

Also Shark's Cove is good as well as Electric Beach!! Enjoy Oahu....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom