I need three "near bent" days in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resnick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm coming down to Oahu for a conference in November, and I'm arriving so that I can do three days of diving (Nov 5, 6, 7) before I'm stuck in a hotel conference center for a week. I want to dive my brains out in those three days. I'm looking for a dive op who can accommodate these features:

• Be nice to an experienced diver (>300 dives, lots of cold water, DM, old enough to be most of the DMs' father)
  • Do morning and afternoon dives (I want to get in as many as I can). Night dives might be a bonus.
  • Arrange transport from/to the Hilton in Waikiki. (Yeah, I know. Remember, conference.)
  • Another optional bonus: Larger and/or Nitrox filled tanks.
I might have a buddy or two from my colleagues at the conference also join me, but not clear yet.

Thoughts on who might fit the bill?

Call Randall at Hawaiian Diving Adventures. 808-232-3193

Or

Gabe at Kaimana Divers 808-772-1795

I know HDA has nitrox. I am not sure if KD now can provide it. They didn't when I left the island in July.

Myles

Same situation here, attending IETF, plan to arrive couple of days before and spend off-duty time diving, hoping to squeeze some night dives in during the week...

AOWD, not so experienced (~40 dives) most of them in cold (<8C) low vis (0-4m).
Been out of it for a couple of years, but plan to do a couple of dives before flying in (just got my gear serviced).

Seems lots of people on the board recommend Gabe, will most likely go with Kaimana.

cheers,

Dimitri

For recreational shore/boat diving, what Myles said.

Solid link Rumbo...... It's astounding to me that more local divers don't know we have the chamber at Kuakini. If I ever retire from the dive biz I think being a hyperbaric doc would be crazy interesting.
I had a HBOT Table 6 treatment there in 2008: Best run civilian/recreational diver treatment Recompression Chamber in the Pacific & the world, second only to the USC Chamber here in SoCal on Catalina Island. . . (DAN/Duke U who?:wink:)

I think Kuakini Medical Center, Hyperbaric Dept, might have a volunteer relief crew Chamber Operations program similar to LA County/USC's below (go and inquire: former Island Diver's Instructor and current GUE Instructor here in San Diego, Jo Hjelm, was a staff member trained there at Kuakini):

http://dornsife.usc.edu/hyperbaric/becoming-a-chamber-volunteer/

---------- Post added September 29th, 2014 at 02:30 PM ----------

Solid link Rumbo...... It's astounding to me that more local divers don't know we have the chamber at Kuakini. If I ever retire from the dive biz I think being a hyperbaric doc would be crazy interesting.
I had a HBOT Table 6 treatment there in 2008: Best run civilian/recreational diver treatment Recompression Chamber in the Pacific & the world, second only to the USC Chamber here in SoCal on Catalina Island. . . (DAN/Duke U who?:wink:)

I think Kuakini Medical Center, Hyperbaric Dept, might have a volunteer relief crew Chamber Operations program similar to LA County/USC's below (go and inquire: former Island Diver's Instructor and current GUE Instructor here in San Diego, Jo Hjelm, was a staff member trained there at Kuakini):

Becoming a Chamber Volunteer > USC Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences

Back
Top Bottom