Hawaii Diving / Snorkeling Highlights with Mom & Dad - Nov, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soundfield

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Both of my folks are now well into their 70's (and are not water people), on a recent trip to Hawaii I convinced both of them to give the night manta snorkel a try. I went with Jack's and was able to make the dive on scuba while my folks viewed from the surface. Although they didn't see as many mantas as we had hoped they would from the surface, it still made for an enjoyable evening with my Mom & Dad. Here is a short 3:30 min video I put together of what we saw underwater, and a little above the surface as well.

http://youtu.be/pOoVzFSjkzU

Enjoy!

Adam D

Nice Video! You made me want to dive Hawaii! I see you are in our neck of the woods, too! Thanks for posting, can you let me know your equipment, too?

I shoot with a Sony CX-150 in an Equinox HD6 housing, Big Blue LED when needed and edit with Final Cut on a Mac. If you're in the Kona area be sure to look into the "Pelagic Magic" night dive; it's very interesting and a different kind of dive. I have a thread about it in this forum as well. Glad you enjoyed the video!

Great vid, thanks for sharing! I'm taking my Mom there next month for her first time and I'm going to try and convince her to do the night snorkel with the mantas while I dive too. We have a week on Oahu before we head over to the Big Island so I'm planning on introducing her to the concept there first.

Back
Top Bottom