Alaskan diver looking for Kauai Local to dive with in FEB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello my name is Brady I'm a experienced Alaskan cold water diver and looking for a Kauai local to show me some good dive spots. This will be my third trip to Kauai and the shop (they were great) that I have went with in the past regularly uses the same spots and I'm looking for something new. I don't care either shore or boat dives and ill pay you for your time. ill be arriving on Feb 9th and be in Kauai until the 22nd.

I will be traveling to Kauai during spring break this year. I have dove on Maui a couple times but not yet on Kauai - Can you tell a bit more about which shop you dove with (boat or shore) and/or any recommendations? Also, since you just got back, how was the diving?? Did you get to see any whales or turtles?

Last summer,June, when I was in Kauai I used Fathom 5 Divers. They have a small group of six diver on their boat in Poipu. I love diving Sheraton Cavern for their morning and night dives! The only thing I didn't like was that I had to wait for them to get the boat in the water and snacks was chips/crackers/water.They also dive Tunnels which is a beach dive. I would recommend useing them for tunnels so you don't have to carry the gear. Also, at tunnel they divide you into groups depending on your level. I would only do morning dives at tunnel, night dive is messy w the beach sand unless you're renting gear. I'm not sure if tunnel is diveable in the spring beacuse of the waves. Also, when you're in Poipu there's an easy shore dive w a buddy at Koloa Landing. It's an old boat ramp w easy entry,but exiting be careful w the surge. Diving in Hawaii is expensive so make the most of it! Next year, I want to dive Molokini or Napali Coast area. I'm heading to Cozumel for spring break. Let me know how the dives is in the spring in Hawaii. In June, I wore 3mm full at 78F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom