Big island trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffhamm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Just back from a week staying in and around the Big Island. Weather was not good, had only one day of sun, but the diving was good.

Another member of this board recommended Kona Diving Co, so we gave them a shot.

I recommend these guys to anyone shopping around for an operator in the Kona area. We did 5 days of diving mostly in the morning but also a night reef dive and the manta dive. After spending a lot of time with KDC and their crews we have nothing but good things to say. We are only bummed that we didn't have a chance to do a long range trip.

Customer service was great, the crews were ready on time, and after the dives, they took our gear back to the shop to be rinsed and stored (no wet hotel room floors). They always remembered our names and our weight requirement and we always got a good fill. Everyone was attentive and friendly. These guys LOVE diving too! Many days, crew members that were off of work would tag along and help out, then dive for themselves. We were never rushed, and got to dive our air supply and computers. I had a few dives over and hour and a half long.

Dont want to go on too long, if anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask or PM me and I'll be happy to fill you in!

Jeff

What whas their DM/diver ratio? Were they good at pointing stuff out and keeping an eye (but not hovering)?

Did you dive your dive time or a predetermined time like a 45 minute group dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom