Going to Maui, recommend a dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carterT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Last trip to Belize ended up in Costa Rica......don't ask. So we are schedule to return to Maui, Khei for our 28th anniversary and are staying in the same condo! Any recommendations on dive shops? Staying for 2 weeks and looking to do 5 or so 2 tank dives.

It really depends on what you are interested in. If you are seriously into marine life, I'd highly recommend the Mike Severns operation. Pauline, who owns it, is co-author of one of the guides to marine life in the islands, and the guides will try to show you unusual endemic species. There are critter ID books on the boat, and the guides know how to figure out what you saw. That dive op tends to attract a more experienced clientele, but they also fill up very quickly.

If you would like to get out and do your dives and get back to do something else, B&B Scuba goes out earlier than anyone else, so you get to Molokini before the rush hour.

I would HIGHLY recommend making the effort to drive up to Lahaina one day to do the Mala Pier dive, either by day or with the Lahaina Divers boat at night. They combine the Carthaginian at dusk (tons of frogfish!) with the Mala Pier at night. It's my favorite Maui dive by day, but it ROCKS at night.

This is exactly the info what I am looking for. Will check them out.
Thx all

I liked B&B - two dives are done and you're back at the harbour by 9:30.

Another nod to Mike Severns, had a great time with them last summer!

i dive the Mike Severns operation when I'm on Maui...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom