Maui Dive Buddy Request 4/30 - 5/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enormous

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for a buddy to do some shore dives with during my stay on Maui. I am on a budget so looking to rent some gear from a local dive shop and do a few simple shore dives just us or possibly a pro guide if we can find one for cheap. Interested in Mala Ramp and Shark Pit in Lahaina as they are accessable and seem interesting from what I have read online. Open to anything though.

I'll be staying in Lahaina from April 30th to May 5th and will need to rent gear.

A bit about myself, I did my PADI advanced open water last year and looking to become a more independant diver. I am from Vancouver, Canada and have experience in cold water and Drysuits as that is where I did my Advanced open water. I have been diving roughly 30 times but unfortunately only have about 10 of them logged.

---------- Post added April 15th, 2015 at 11:13 AM ----------

I should mention I am new to Scuba Board and this is my first post

Hi, not sure if you are still looking for help here, but I did several shore dives in Maui last year & stayed in Lahaina. First off, you're going to have a ball! It's a fantastic trip. I would definitely get a guide. The reefs & marine life are so different from anywhere else I have been that I would've missed tons of stuff without a guide. I would recommend Mike at Neverdry Divers. They are absolutely top notch. It's a small operation that specializes in shore dives. The rates are fantastic and I had so much fun! I can't recommend them enough. They are VERY easy to work with and extremely helpful! The website is: >NeverDry . I'm jealous!

You can rent gear at the Maui Dive shops. There's one in Lahaina Gateway mall and another in Kahana Gateway for dives farther north. They also have a shore dive map/handout. And rent flags since you'll need one - esp. for Mala since the DLNR is around there occasionally making sure everybody does the legal entry and not the easier one. And they do ticket. Maui Dive Rentals | Maui Scuba Diving Rentals | Maui Snorkeling Rentals | Scuba Gear Rentals on Maui

Lahaina Divers also has some details on shore dives in that area here: Maui Beach Diving
or Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Maui, Hawaiian Islands

Tiny Bubbles could be an option for guided shore dives also - it's all they do. Scuba Dive Maui Ka'anapali Lahaina Hawaii Snorkel | 808.870.0878 | Tiny Bubbles Scuba Diving Specializing in Private Scuba Dives.Snorkel Tours. and Scuba Diving Instruction on Maui | Let's Get Tanked They're also reasonably priced for Maui. At least they're nearby. Check with Scuba Mike also - he's in Lahaina. Maui Scuba Diving with Scuba Mike in Hawaii

Neverdry is in South Kihei. Not sure if they drive up to Lahaina to meet clients. Some of the Kihei opertors only have permits for South Maui diving also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom