Kona - Including Manta dives - Early June 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blues Runner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I utilized Jack's Diving Locker in Kona in early June. Jack's maintains a fully stocked dive shop with a very hospitable staff. The dive boats are comfortable and located right on the inlet. I had the opportunity to dive with three different guides Ryan, Keller and Mongo who are all very experienced and enthusiastic. The highlight of my dives was two night time manta dives. The first night delivered a manta count in the upper teens! I had such a awesome experience that I returned to night later for an encore! Great time, dive shop and staff. Water temps were mid to upper 70's. 85-100 feet of visibility.

Manta 1.jpgManta 4.jpgManta 8.jpgManta 9.jpgManta 13.jpgManta 14.jpgDaytime Manta 3.jpgDaytime Manta 7.jpgdunno 4.jpgdunno 5.jpgdunno 6.jpgFrog 2.jpgSpotted Moray 6.jpgSpotted Moray 8.jpgStarfish.jpgYellow slug 2.jpg

Attachments

• Manta 6.jpg
    Manta 6.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 144
Looks like you had a blast! I'm going to Kona on June 30. Hope the manta show is as good as those you experienced. I've booked it twice. BTW... pic #14 is a Whitemouth Moray (Gymnothorax meleagris).

-AZTinman

Thanks for sharing, great pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom