Hello again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vinge

New
Reaction score
Hey people, sorry I don't have any names down, and sorry I don't post more often, one annoying thing about me, I apologize to much, well I just wanted to say I'm going to Hawaii, Maui in two weeks with my father, any great beaches I should check out?
I really wanna see some sharks!
By the way my name is Sarah

Heya Sarah, welcome to the board. The chance to see a shark is truly a wonderful event. The way they glide in the ocean is one of the most remarkable things I've been privileged enough to witness. Just remember, your in their territory and they always deserve our respect. Have a fabulous trip and make sure to give us a full report when you get back

Cheers,
Vickie

Hello Sarah,
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
Laurens

Hi There Vinge,
Welcome to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Hi Sarah,

There's a few places in Maui that you can find sharks -- white-tip reef sharks are plentiful, and whale sharks are occasional sights near Molokini.

Some good beach dives can be done from Ulua Beach and Airport Beach, depending on where in Maui you're staying and how far you feel like driving.

If you post a few more details, we can probably give some more advice.

Some diveop suggestions: if you're into the ecological side, check out Mike Severn's and Ed Robinson's, if you're looking for fun dives with less regard for the marine ecology & environment, talk to Shaka Divers.

For dive shops, I can't say enough about Maui Dreams Dive Co. in Kihei, and the Maui Diving Scuba Center in Lahaina has treated me well, too. Avoid Maui Dive Shop for everything -- they tend to be the Walmart of the Maui Dive world... but not as good of a price. :)

Hope that helps,

I wish I could say welcome to Maui instead of welcome to Scuba Board.

I dive with B&B Scuba every time I visit Maui and find that they really work hard to show you a great trip. You'll spot sharks there, no doubt in my mind.

Lots of great shore diving to be had, what part of the island are you staying at?

Al Mialkovsky:
I wish I could say welcome to Maui instead of welcome to Scuba Board.

I dive with B&B Scuba every time I visit Maui and find that they really work hard to show you a great trip. You'll spot sharks there, no doubt in my mind.

Lots of great shore diving to be had, what part of the island are you staying at?

I, like Al, really like B & B Scuba. I have seen sharks in several spots in Maui. St. Anthony's wreck was a good site. Molokini has also been good to me as far as sharks go. If you are lucky, you just might see this bad boy (can anyone say "new wetsuit"??): http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=10609

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom