Moving To Hawaii Based On Which Island Has The Best Shore Diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerryTat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HELLO ALL.. I HAVE A GOAL TO MOVE TO HAWAII IN 2 YEARS OR LESS.
I LOVE TO SCUBA DIVE. BASED ON THE HIGH COST OF LIVING I WOULD LIKE
TO BE ABLE TO DO MORE SHORE DIVING THAN BOAT DIVING.
SOOOO.... WITH THAT IN MIND, WHICH ISLAND HAS THE BEST
SHORE DIVING?
TERRY

..."based on which island has the best shore diving"...I hope you're retired, independently wealthy, and footloose-n-fancy free. Good luck and have fun. I recommend the Big Island.

Didn't you guys see those Elvis movies? There is money to be had in Hawaii, just need some Haole to come figure it out.

Seriously, the Big Island was less expensive last I heard. But I don't know about jobs. What do YOU do? If you don't have a big cash reserve, you're in for a reality check, and Hawaii will "spit chu out, brah".

But, Oahu is the place to go if you're looking for WORK in paradise. Assuming you have a profession. I'm working towards Kauai, and it's busting my butt.

Good Luck!

Let Me First Start Out By Saying.. I Am Moving Over There To Live A Simple Life Away From The Rat Race. I Have Lakefront Property Now... A PRIVATE DOCK WITH MY OWN BOAT 30 STEPS FROM A SPACIOUS DECK.. Nice Views, Custom Golf Car For A Golf Car Community..... Blah Blah Blah. None Of This Makes Me Happy. As The Saying Goes.. The More Stuff You Have Does Not Equate To More Happiness.

I Will Be Able To Move Over And Pay Cash For A Small House Or Simple Condo. That Suits Me Just Fine. Less To Take Care Of. I Also Am In The Process Of Building Up An Internet Based Business Which Will Give Me A Comfortable Residual Income.

That Being Said, Condo And Car Paid For... Residual Income Coming In.. Living Simple, (which Makes Me The Happiest) MAKES IT Very Duable. I Dont Need A Multi Million Dollar Mansion On The Beach. Besides What Good Does That Do When You're Under Water?

I Was Thinking Maui Had The Best Shore Diving. But Am Finding Out Otherwise.

Thanks... And A Future Alhoha...
Tat

Okay... i give in... no more caps unless NECESSARY!!!!
Justleesa,,, how do you deal with living in Honolulu?
No offense, I live in Southern California.. and I felt Honolulu was the same if not worse. After all when I go to Hawaii the last thing I want to deal with is the rat race with no place to park!!!
Within 3 hours of getting there I was ready to go home.
T

TerryTat:
Okay... i give in... no more caps unless NECESSARY!!!!
Justleesa,,, how do you deal with living in Honolulu?
No offense, I live in Southern California.. and I felt Honolulu was the same if not worse. After all when I go to Hawaii the last thing I want to deal with is the rat race with no place to park!!!
Within 3 hours of getting there I was ready to go home.
T

Agreed, Comrade Diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom