Tank rentals and air/nitrox fills in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nielsent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey all,

I am going to be in Lahaina over the holidays (Dec 20 - Jan 2) and am bringing all my own gear excl. Lead and Tanks. I was curious if there are any unlimited shore diving deals available through any of the lahaina dive shops where you can unlimited fills and weekly tank rentals. I was also interested in if there is anywhere i could rent tanks with DIN Valves, as all my regs are DIN, and possibly steels or doubles. Any help would be appreciated.

-- nielsent.

Honestly I think the only shop that MIGHT meet your needs is B&B Scuba in Kihei. Unfortunately, that's a 45 minute drive from Lahaina, so not really a practical choice for shore diving. I know both Maui Dive Shop and Lahaina Divers will rent air tanks (Lahaina Divers might do nitrox, not entirely sure), but you'd have to bring your yolk adapter. Lahaina Divers has AL72 and AL100 tanks, and Maui Dive Shop has AL80s. Also, I've never seen unlimited air deals, just fill cards.

Not sure about shops on the west side but in Kehei there is Maui dreams and B&B scuba. I have rented tanks from Maui dreams where the plug comes out of the valve for din regs (the only drag about that is they have a limited # of tanks with the convertable valves and just swapping tanks out may be an issue). Tank and lead rentals are unusually inexpensive on Maui. Eg: you can get a 10 tank air card for $40 at maui dreams (at least you could in Sept) and B&B are similarly priced though I've never rented from them as the other shop is more convenient to where we stay on Maui. I would suggest bringing a yolk adapter with you then you don't need to worry about it. Check with B&B for steels, doubles etc. BTW most of the shore dives have shallow profiles and on Al 80's should get you 90 min dives. Last time I picked up a shore dive site book called "The diver's guide to Maui" by Chuck Thorne which has some common and off the beat and track shore dives. About 12 bucks. Have a good time and post a report when you get back

We just got back from Maui about 3 weeks ago. I got the 10 tank card and weights from Maui dive shop. Great shop and good service. My favorite shore dive was Makena landing, sharks, turtles, fish and some small caves. Vis was good also. Black rock was also a good shore dive. Both are only maybe 40ft max. Best boat dive was Molokini back wall dive. I am going back in march for another week.

Gotta throw in a plug for my friends at B&B Scuba. Brad is the undisputed "King of Air" in South Maui. Hands down. Nitrox too! That's where most of the Ma'alea boat operators get their air. Sweet and delicious ~ B&B's air is shakaliscious!

bblogo.gif

Back
Top Bottom