Rare Nudibranch!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tiffany at Ed Robinson's found this rare Flabellina Rubrolineata nudibranch on Dec. 28 at Reef's End, Molokini Crater, Maui. Pauline, of Mike Severns who is a nudibranch expert, told me that she's only been aware of 3 of them in Maui, so it's definitely an amazing find!! My husband is the photographer and did a fantastic job capturing the image of this tiny creature (approx. 1/2").

No question I love diving Maui!!! :D:D:D

Attachments

• Flabellina rubrolineata small.jpg
    Flabellina rubrolineata small.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 301
How exciting!

Super find! I love diving with Pauline's crew.

That's pretty cool.... and a nice shot too! I've been seeing the rare Kangaroo Nudi's lately. Three at Ulua and one at Five Caves. One of the Ulua ones was spotted at night and two of them were on the same day but different sites! Extreme Shaka!!

Pauline helped me identify this rarre one i found in 6 to 8 feet of water back in November too. It's called Thecacera Pacifica but I think he is from Pokemon!

Thecacera%20Pacifica%201%2011.8.11%20Edited.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom