Can anyone recommend a good dive charter near Waianae, Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MStone

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone recommend a good dive charter near Waianae, Oahu? My wife and I wll be staying in a timeshare in Waianae
for a week in March of this year.

I want to do 3-4 mornings of two tank diving. I am trimix certified and would prefer doing recreational dives with advanced divers.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'll recommend Gabe at Kaimana Divers (Scuba Diving in Hawaii with Kaimana Divers | Dive Oahu with the pros). They're located in Honolulu, but they dive off boats all over the island, including Waianae harbor. They're a good, small shop, and good divers that are good at what they do and enjoy it. Very professional, yet great to dive with. I've always been in a small group with them, even when the boat has been packed.

They've been getting a lot of good reviews and praise here, as well as other places (yelp, google, tripadvisor, etc). Gabe goes by Scottitheduck here.

Recommend Gabe and his crew also. Dove with them many times. I also will be out there in March. They meet at the harbor.

I did four days of morning dives with Ocean Concepts out of Waianae harbor just after Christmas this past year and cannot say enough good things about their operation. The groups were a mix of experienced and less experienced divers, but they were very professional both above and below the water. I think there were around 12-14 divers on the boat, but we broken up into three groups, each with their own DM.

During the dives, our group of around 6-8 more advanced divers were allowed to do a loosely guided dive around the site for around the first half or so of the dive. Buddy pairs were able to do their own dives after that, surfacing whenever their air consumption dictated. Unlike some other operations I've dove with in Hawaii, there was no pressure to keep on the guide's heels and I never surfaced with 1800psi because of one person in the group having sucked their tank dry early.

You can never go wrong with Kaimana Divers! Give them a call and Gabe will hook you up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom