Diving on South shore Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shore: Koloa Landing

Boat: Wherever they take you. (Not being snarky. It's just that the dive ops will take you where the conditions are best that day. They don't go to pre-announced destinations that time of year.)

Sheraton Caverns is the signature dive in the area. Fast Lanes was a good dive also.

I have to agree with Koala Landing. We dove this area everyday for one week and saw lots of things. Easy entry, boat ramp, even had carpet on it. This is also just minutes from a dive shop that we got our air tanks from.

With the right guide I think you'd find Koloa Landing a fantastic dive. I dove there this am and it was great. We saw several octopus, an endemic Hawaiian Lionfish, numerous green sea turtles, harlequin shrimp, bandit angelfish, spotted eagle ray....

Feel free to pm me with specific questions and I'll be happy to help you out with anything I can...

Hi there!
I am coming to kauai in March, but can probably only go diving 1 day - 2 dives. I'm an experienced active diver. With limited time, is Koloa landing better than Sheraton? Like the idea of a shore dive as I don't particularly like going on cattle boats unless the boat dive site is by far superior. By chance, anyone diving 3/20-3/22 that I can buddy up with? Thanks, you can pm me if you are available.

You'll get the most from your dives with a professional guide.

I don't need any hand or gear holding either. However, I was VERY please to have hired Fathom Five to guide me at Koloa Landing. Their briefings and critter spotting are tremendous. For instance, on my first dive there, DM Seth told me about fish behavior that I would see on the dive BEFORE it happened. Then, as the various species did their thing, he could simply point it out.

No way I would have noticed, let alone understood, what was happening and why.

In addition, many of the great local critters are rather cryptic. You have to know where and what to look for.

If you want Sheraton, go on a boat. Check out Bubbles Below. Both of their boats are small and they run an excellent operation. I have been diving with them for the past 6-7 years.

Back
Top Bottom