Oahu-Maui: Severe storms with thunder, lightning, hail and waterspouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're finally getting some much-needed rain over here on the Kona side of the Big Island!

That's good news!

I saw the title photo in the paper this morning and was saddened because we've stayed in a couple of the hotels just behind the market, including a small family owned Hotel.
Scan-3a.jpg

wow, that doesn't look good. Hopefully, people are just inconvenienced and no one gets injured. All this rain is going to wreck the vis though, and I'm coming in 8 days!

As far as I have heard no people damage, but there has been property damage.

The Dam that broke in 2006 on Kauai (7 people died) is VERY full, but they say the structure looks good. Let's hope it holds up.

There is a lot of run off and the water is really Pilau. I doubt there will be any shore diving or close to shore boat diving. What do the Oahu pros say?

OH Man guys! Wow. I was there that year that the pipe broke downtown Honolulu and flooded the marina. That was bad enough. Man.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moving to Main Ohana Forum

427654_398747686818321_100000492791349_1533271_303990789_n.jpg

Major hail storm with water spouts. Lots of brown water.

I'm sure you'll have to go further out to get some any kind of diving...

IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg
lost our avocado crop...
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
brown run off

Back
Top Bottom