Visiting Oahu for a few weeks, who wants to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight1989

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'll be down at Hickam AFB for about 2 weeks on the 20th. Have a completly open sceduale and would love to get tons of diving in while Im there. Anyone planning some dives during that time and wouldnt mind an additional partner? Will have a car and am bringing all my gear. Looking to meet some new people and not just do the typical "charter" dives.

Dear Knight,

I'm sure you'll find some buddies here, but FYI we are running a couple charters a week out of Hickam, 5pm single tanker on Thursday, and 9am two tanker on Saturday. Those might be pretty convenient for you if you are staying on Hickam (the base dive shop is next to the gym on Vickers).

Best,
Matt

Deffintly planning to do some charters with Island Divers while Im there. Did a few last time I was down and had a great time. But I also want some more casual dives too.

Murfef: Ill email you this weekend

Probably diving on Saturday and Sunday from the shore. Not a commercial operation. I usually invite folks I know to join if they are so inclined. If you are interested in at least getting the invite (where and when) send me an email (wetfox@me.com).

I will be on Oahu the last week of May and have been reading up on dive ops. Are 30 - 45 minute bottom times the standard for Oahu or are there any ops that will let you dive your computer and air? I understand on the deep wrecks that bottom time will be shorter, but the logs and descriptions I have seen seem to show similar short profiles for the shallower reefs.

I will be on Oahu the last week of May and have been reading up on dive ops. Are 30 - 45 minute bottom times the standard for Oahu or are there any ops that will let you dive your computer and air? I understand on the deep wrecks that bottom time will be shorter, but the logs and descriptions I have seen seem to show similar short profiles for the shallower reefs.
Call Gabe (View Profile: scottitheduck - ScubaBoard) from Kaimana Divers. Nearly every dive I've done with them has either been limited by NDL or gas. (The couple that weren't, my buddy and I called a few minutes early due to being cold). They're a great, professional, and fun crew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom