Manta Ray Madness!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjgove1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A couple weeks ago, the wife and I went over to Kona and did the Manta Ray Night Dive with Wanna Dive Kona. While the water was a bit cold, the dive was great! I'm not sure how many were present that night but my best guess is at least 20.

I made a short video with my G11 and put it together on iMovie. Enjoy.

MantaRay Madness on Vimeo

I still can't believe how well these big suckers can just "spin on their axis" in mid water like that.

FYI- the guys at Wanna Dive Kona are great and we will certainly use them again.

We did this dive with Jack's Diving Locker last June and it is one of the neatest experiences I have had diving! Great video!

Awesome! We'll be there in about a week and a half! Looking forward to it!

Shared your video over on Facebook, to show folks what we're hoping to see as well.

woow amazing, thanks for sharing :D

Nice vid. I did the dive with Kona Honu in January. We had rough tide conditions but other than that it was great, 8 mantas but seemed like a lot more. I highly recommend Kona Honu.

I love that dive! We went with Jack's Diving Locker and we counted 16 on that night. It was one of my favorite dives... second only to the Pelagic Magic dive we did with Jack's the next night :wink:

Back
Top Bottom