Kona Diving Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bookworm007

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello my family is planning a trip back to Kona this fall. We went last year and since then my brother has gotten certified so that my father, brother and myself will all be able to dive together. Last time i went my father and I dove with Kona Dive Company and loved it. We will defiantly be diving with them again. I was wondering if there any good shore night dives. I have done the manta ray night dive which was amazing and we will be doing it again on this trip, but was looking for some more shore dives to try out. Our plan is to do 3 days on the boat plus 2 days on the shore for dives. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My favorite shore dive so far has been the city of refuge (two step) which we will also explore again since we have barely scratched the surface on that one. Oh also if there is a sight to request on a boat dive or a shore dive that has a high possibility of seeing dolphins that would be great too.

My wife and I enjoyed a number of shore dives there, but the entries and exits on most are a lot more challenging than city of refuge, which is by far the easiest of the shore dives there (and among the best) . I suggest asking Kona dive Company for recommendations when you are there, as they will have the information on entries and exits, the difficulty of which varies with wind direction, time of day, and other factors. Have a great trip.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom