Dolphin Entanglement at Kona Manta Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was super cool! Talk about being in the right place at the right time for the camera person and the dolphin picking the guy with the cutters!! Lots of luck all around!

Those lights sure do attract a lot of mantas. I went the entire 2012 dive season without seeing one manta ray... I used to see 4 - 10 a month some months!!!! Maybe they all migrated to the Big Island for a free meal?

As I said when I saw this video earlier, I think we greatly underestimate the intelligence of many critters (especially the highly socialized marine mammals) and greatly overestimate our own intelligence!

Priceless

That is an incredible video. My hat is off to those divers that stepped up and helped that dolphin out of its serious situation. Unbelievable interaction between the divers and the dolphin.

I sent this to a friend who just came back from Taiji Japan and this video brought her much comfort. Thank you very much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom