Notes on North Kona and South Kohala Shore Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acooper

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I put this together some time ago, and just spent a while updating it. This Google map has my notes on my favorite North Kona and South Kohala dive sites. I mean notes! Where to park, where to enter, where to swim once you are in the water. There are a few boat sites listed, but the info is pretty basic, it is the shore sites that I concentrate on.

As I get to dive most of these sites regularly, just did Kakapa this morning, the information should be current. Let me know if there is any thing that needs changing.

Last edited:
Andrew, great job...very sweet, thanks Dude!

This is an awesome map you've put together! Thanks!
I'm headed to Kona for the first week of December, and I'm wondering if the swells will be too big to allow shore diving at many of these sites. This will be my first time out in Hawaii, so I'm unfamiliar with the conditions. Do you have any suggestions for winter diving?

Cheers!

Nice! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Best wishes.

We're heading to the Big Island next Saturday, and I've been trying to research shorediving options as well as boat dive sites. This is the best resource I've found!
Thanks so much for documenting it all and sharing it with us.
Melissa

Good job & thanks! Looking forward to the Puako dive sites next time I make it out that way (might spend a week stopover coming back from Truk on way home to LAX if the travel budget allows. . .).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom