Haunama Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BKSZEA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone been diving in Hanauma Bay in the last few years? I haven't been out there in about 15 years and I was thinking about heading there this weekend. I can't remember which way (if any) was a better dive, to the right or the left once you get out past the reef.

Mahalo!
Bill

As long as you're not following the cables outside the Bay itself, I'd think you have plenty of time to cover both sides on a single tank given how shallow it is where there's actually coral to see. If I had to guess, I'd say breaking right off the cables once you're through the slot would probably be best.

Last time I was there (last spring) we followed the cables out, broke left after a while and made one big circle back to the cables and returned to the beach. Remember to keep around 1000psi in the tank to fight the current through the cable cut. We litterly had to pull ourselves hand over hand against the current.

Back
Top Bottom