submarine dive but not Atlantis????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrpat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
seems like there used to be a deep diving submarine excursion off Maui I think. 1000ft or something like that. Anyone remember this??? Is it still out there......secretly available for those with the desire & gold card?

Pat

I remember, back in the 90's, there were two types of subs used for tourist operation. My recollection is the sub that could go deeper had a smaller capacity. I know it was used in Caribbean tourist sites, but don't know if it was in Hawaii too. The tourist sub I rode in Hawaii was the shallower design and remarkably similar to the Disneyland subs.

seems like there used to be a deep diving submarine excursion off Maui I think. 1000ft or something like that. Anyone remember this??? Is it still out there......secretly available for those with the desire & gold card?

Pat

For an ultimate submarine experience, my friends at Triton can help...though you have to be serious about the Gold Card with them.... :)
Here is some footage I shot of a Triton sub off the Bahamas :
[video=youtube_share;EcGhvHL4Nag]http://youtu.be/EcGhvHL4Nag[/video]

That is me filming on top of the sub near the end, and you can see the bottom below at around a depth of 300 feet, with me and the sub at around 200. I actually got pulled down by the cone of water moving with the sub when it began dropping....and went from max planned depth of 130 to 200 in a few seconds....I was using a jacked LP 120, so I had a huge amount of gas..just not the expectation to stay with these guys so long :)

To reach these guys about a charter...start here : Triton Submarine Charters, LLCTriton Submarines | Triton Submarines

There used to be an Atlantis deep diving sub, but it is now in the Cayman islands (I think) it only held 2 guests and was pricey

I'm thinking about building one in the back of our shop :D

Back
Top Bottom