Anyone on Oahu looking to dive this weekend? 4/19-20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the3dolla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to diving, finished the regular PADI Open Water cert a few weeks ago and have only gone once after that. I joined the Dive Oahu dive club, so I plan to go every other weekend with them. I'm signed up for the advanced open water cert to get more experience. I don't think all new divers are created equal. I've read a few stories about the horrors of new divers and had some divers in my class that always looked less than comfortable down on the bottom. Somehow I feel really comfortable diving, perhaps it's because I've gone snorkeling 20 times since I got here in December and like free diving down the whole time. I've purchased all my own equipment including tanks.

I like Electric beach as there's lots of life down there and it's not terribly deep. As touristy as it is, I definitely want to hit up Hanauma Bay and perhaps just outside of it. I'm sure there are plenty of good spots out there to keep a new diver busy for a long time.

Message me or reply here if you're up for some diving this weekend!

Nick

Aloha Nick.....

Welcome to Oahu and welocme to SB! Tons of great shore diving sessions are waiting just around the corner. Once the bumps in the country start to flatten out we'll be up almost everyday. Get ready for some amazing shore dives at Sharks Cove, 3 Tables/Firehoues and even Haleiwa Trench. The cool thing about diving in Hawaii is it's year round!

Cheeeeehuuuuu!

G

Sounds like good times, I've heard about the caves of the north shore. Should be ready for some diving any week now. Thanks for the reply, one reply out of 120 views, wow that's awesome!... Ok, maybe not so much. We'll I went out on Sunday and saw a bunch of Dolphins at Electric Beach, so that's what you viewers missed out on!

Still looking for more people to dive with. I could see myself going on Sat/Sun for a while if the right person is looking for the same. Sorry though, if you're the one in the group always getting "lost" and does their own thing, we may not be a good fit. I hardly have any dives and I've already had that happen, quite irritating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom