Diving Oahu 29APR14 to 03MAY14 - seeking dive buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeamZissou

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm going to be on Oahu 29APR14 to 03MAY14 and am looking for a dive buddy - shore or boat. I'm looking to see what Hawaii has to offer. I'm full Trimix Cert, but am not especially looking for a Tech dive buddy. I'd be happy to do some shore dives to look at the pretty fish or a wreck.

- Doug

Aloha Doug.....

Good to hear you will be here soon. There is only one "shore diveable" wreck I can think of on Oahu. Most of the metal lies a mile off shore..... Plenty of good info on shorediving.com and lots of locals cruise this board for dive buddies so you should find one in no time. Best of luck!

G

Doug,
IF you want to boat dive, you can't beat Kaimana Divers! Gabe will take great care of you!

Thanks - I'll check out Kaimana Divers for a boat ride and hopefully find a buddy for some shore dives. I've found Shorediving.com very helpful as well. What's the shore wreck dive?

Hey, I'm looking to dive next weekend; let me know if you're still looking for someone. Working during the week but would go on the 3rd and 4th. Ok, so I have 8 drives under my belt, yup 8. Not to be big headed, but really if your equipment is working, how tough is scuba diving really? Then again, if you're not careful, well.. you could die, so I'm not taking it lightly. Going past 60 feet has me a little nervous, I'll probably wait for that after I finish up the advanced open water.

Went this last week to Hanauma Bay in 8 foot waves, yea probably not the best conditions, could only see 5 feet, but somehow it was no big deal. It was a little leary to not be able to see very far though.

I'm in town and am up for some shore diving Saturday if it works for you. I'll send you a PM with my phone number. Don't worry about just getting started - go at your own pace, be conservative and you'll be fine. R/ Doug

I'm going to be on Oahu 29APR14 to 03MAY14 and am looking for a dive buddy - shore or boat. I'm looking to see what Hawaii has to offer. I'm full Trimix Cert, but am not especially looking for a Tech dive buddy. I'd be happy to do some shore dives to look at the pretty fish or a wreck.

- Doug

Doug,
I just noticed your from Virginia Beach! I moved here from Virginia Beach in 2012. I was certified with Dive Quarters. Enjoy your dives!

Ricky

Back
Top Bottom