Oahu Tec diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plavin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone here tec diving?

I moved to Oahu last year and so far haven't been able to get any deco dives in, I've just been rec diving with my wife. I'm certified to Tec 50 - no He yet, so looking for 100-160' range

Ideas?

Pat

Shoot, you sent me a message and I forgot to reply…sorry. There's a nice little wreck at about 185', not much worth seeing around 160' that comes to mind. Talk to mulla on here, who spent a few days doing air dives down to 190' while he was here. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hawaii/470303-deeper-wreck-diving-oahu.html pensacolaracer on here has a dive boat that often goes to deeper sites, we do a good bit of CCR scooter diving down to 300' or so.

Man, CCR scooter diving... Wish I could get the approval for that kind of investment! I'll check with mulla and see if I can get a report on what he did, thanks. Do you guys mostly dive south side or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South and West side have been our most recent deep dives. There are some really interesting ~50' high ledges around 200' that are just a ton of fun to scooter along.

Nice, well if you're doing anything above 180 where a scooter isn't required I'd love to come along on OC... Don't think I'll have a CCR or a scooter anytime soon... Although I did demo a rEvo with Kevin yesterday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCR scooter diving sounds amazing. I have only scootered around Molokini a few times and was able to dip down to 170' on the back wall with air. would love to learn tech diving someday when i get more time.

Greg Walker
Maui Scooter Divers
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

Nice, well if you're doing anything above 180 where a scooter isn't required I'd love to come along on OC... Don't think I'll have a CCR or a scooter anytime soon... Although I did demo a rEvo with Kevin yesterday...

Sounds like we should see about getting you on the boat for a dive on the Friendship once everyone's back from FL. You can avoid dropping below 180' on the wreck no problem.

As for the rEvo, I think Kevin said you were looking at a rEvo II on RBW. Feel free to shoot me any questions you have.

Revo2 hybrid on rebreather world for $3300. That's an amazing deal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom