Seasport Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mew

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are in Kauai on vacation and wanted to get my daughter who is 12 certified. We come to Kauai every 2 or 3 years and have been diving with Seasport that whole time so are really comfortable with them. My daughter is on a year round swim team and very comfortable in the water. She got her open water from Derek and I could not be happier. I snorkeled and watched her "pool" skills practice and part of her second shore dive. Derek was patient, very thorough and had my daughter (who for all intents and purposes is a teenager) laughing and smiling.

We dove twice with Seasport Divers and cannot recommend them. We dove with them in June 2014. We live on the east coast of the US so selecting a dive operator in Hawaii is a matter of web sites, Trip Advisor, and Scuba Board. Seasport represents on their site they video every dive and use the video to review the dive back at the shop. This does not happen but this was one of the reasons we went with Seasport. We made a fuss and they did video the second dive but it was not reviewed on return to the shop. The problem is that although the charge for the video appeared on our credit card account the next day, three weeks later despite numerous emails, we still do not have the video. There are no provisions for cameras on their boat (Anuhea). No rinse tank on the boat or back at the shop. No place to safely stow the camera on the boat. They drive you in vans to the boat mooring but you wait after the afternoon dive for them to load the boat onto their trailer prior to taking you back to the dive shop. We only took tanks and weights from Seasport but there was no allowance for not using more of their gear. Our tanks registered only 2600 psi when we first entered the water. They insist you go down the anchor line. On all our dives there was some chop to swim against. Some in our group only had 2000 psi by the time they reached the bottom. Their dive masters are good but their overall organization leaves much to desire.

I admit that some frustration colored my prior post with Seasport. As I have cooled off, perhaps I was a little strong. We finally got the video mentioned in our previous post. It was very well done. The editing and transitions are very professional. The significant critters are captioned. If you dive with them and are interested in the DVD, be sure to arrange ahead of time so the dive is recorded. We will probably dive with them again when we return to Kauai.

Back
Top Bottom