Big Island shore dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hbb

Registered
Reaction score
Any locals have shore dive tips on the big island? I'm here for the next week and a bit, looking for sites, buddies, and recommendations.

Mahalo!

Here is a good starting place:

Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: The Big Island, Hawaiian Islands

Puako, Ke'ei, Place of Refuge are dives I recommend to visitors. There are many others, but those three have fairly easy access, easy-ish entry and exit, and great diving.

My avatar pic was taken at Puako, that is a large pinnacle in the background. You could spend a week just exploring Puako, it has an extensive reef.

Best wishes.

As far as sites go, that doesn't change much over time, and has been asked and answered countless times before. Rather than trust that someone will take the time to reiterate what's been posted dozens of times already, you're probably better off to just search for one of the better threads on the topic, then come back with site-specific questions if you have any.

Not a local, but when I was on TBI, I dived with a local in Puako. I loved it.

http://www.lrbhawaiidive.com

I had planned to do a mix of shore and boat, but I enjoyed Puako so much, I ended up spending most of my time with Richard.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'm in Hilo now and it's been quite rough on this side.

I'll be staying in Kona for the next week. Anyone looking for a buddy please PM me. I'm interested in checking some of these sites out.

Back
Top Bottom