"larger" tanks in Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We'll be making our first trip to Kauai this spring, does anyone know of any dive operators offerng tanks larger that the ubiquitous AL80 (steel 100's would be great!)

Last edited:
I did a discover scuba there which was awesome. Awesome food at tiki tacos ha ha and dukes

I would think the other shop that might have 100's is Fathom Five.

Fathom Five DOES have Al100s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

Thank you all very much.

I've spoken with both SeaSport and Fathom Five. After discussing my wishes for the dive (go slow and take pictures of little stuff), SeaSport declined. They bundle 7 divers per DM and do more of the "look at the pretty fishes and turtles and lets do this great swim-through" type dives. (not their exact words, but pretty close).

Pretty much the same response from Bubbles Below. . .they did offer to let me hire my own Instructor (no DMs and no solo) for only $100 :wink:. ($235 for two dives is too rich for my blood. . .)

Fathom Five looks like a better match for me.

There's about 5-6 privated guides on Kauai also. None have a boat so they shore dive. Google should find a list pretty quickly. No idea on prices.

Might be a better option for going slow. Depending on when "spring" is - one of them is Ocean Quest - Fathom Five's other operation. They shore dive Tunnels on the north side once conditions calm down enough to make it possible. IDK when that is but the Ni'ihau dives start back up around mid-April/early May so it's probably then.

Koloa Landing on the south side is dove from shore all year. Simple entry, you walk down an old boat ramp. It's the 2nd best shore dive after Tunnels.

Here's the shore dive options. Anything above #10 is seasonal. Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Kauai, Hawaiian Islands

Back
Top Bottom