Hiring Part-Time and possibly Full-Time divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

underboats

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings,
I am seeking part time and possibly full time divers to work with an outstanding hull cleaning and light construction diving service operating in Hampton Roads and the Northern Neck of Virginia. Commercial dive training not needed. If you want a job or career with great possibilities let me know. This is a drug free, no games, professional business wanting to trade good wages for honest, dependable work. Thanks for looking, Chuck

Let me see, commercial dive training is not required for commercial diving?

underboats:
hull cleaning and light construction diving service operating in Hampton Roads and the Northern Neck of Virginia. Commercial dive training not needed.

I suspect OSHA won't be happy.

Terry

We work year round but the bulk of the "cleaning" side of the job runs from April through December.
Chuck

underboats:
Actually, I will arrange and pay for the training. Serious posts only please, thanks.
Chuck

There is a difference between saying "training provided for qualified applicants" and "training not required."

There are far too many companies in boat cleaning and related work that are not using proper procedures, equipment and trained divers and people get hurt or killed.

If you are doing it properly then great! Keep up the good work.
Your first post was not clear on this point.

Brand0n:
scuba isn't for working divers.

Usually scuba isn't for working divers.

But there are jobs where scuba is the best choice and in some cases the only way to get the job done.

It is a matter of using the right equipment and procedures for the job at hand.
Some jobs can be done quickly and safely with scuba (very few working jobs) and others need full surface support, maybe bell support, communications sometimes with video monitoring, and lots of support equipment.

Most everything done on boat bottoms and in marinas does not require heavy gear and massive support but ALL working diving requires a minimum of a three man team and safety analysis.
In my experience in marinas the biggest hazards are contaminates in the water and electrical currents in the water from bad wiring.

As long as the divers are properly trained and the divers and company are properly responding to the hazards at hand then there is no problem.

We don't use SCUBA very often. Most of our diving is maintenance on vessels around 50-70ft., Commercial boats, salvage and construction work. What we use is more or less a long stage hose with our tanks on the dock. Some use surface compressors but most of the locations I work frown on the noise and I prefer the dryness and cleanliness of the air from my tanks. Current in the water is my biggest fear but the chances in salt water are slim from stray current..however if you grab a hot wire under the dock it's not pretty. You can however monitor the water. It's not a games business but with caution and a cool head you can be safe. I don't usually see the diving as the business, the diving is just what I have to use because what I work on is below the surface. (It's the old divers are usually not welders but welders can be divers clause) It's rewarding work in a quiet environment where plenty of critters keep you company.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom