Diver / Business Entrepreneur Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offthewall1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I own the #1 most respected and trusted Professional Dive Services Company in the Baltimore, MD - Chesapeake Bay area - KB Diver Services. The work is very physical but it pays well and you basically you get 4 months off each year. Your earning potential is unlimited - but to give you an example, I earned close to $90,000 in 2007 working just 8 months. Even in those months I rarely worked more than 25 - 30 hours per week.

As I just turned 40 this year, I recognize that this game is for the younger person looking to make great money - but who has more years left on him/her physically. I'm looking for someone interested in buying the business, who will take over the clientele and provide them with the same level of superior service they have come to expect from KB Diver Services over the past 6 years.

The work is predominantly bottom cleanings (removing algae, barnacles and zebra mussels,) from recreational yachts (30'-100') zinc anode changes, prop changes, small search & recovery operations, salvage, light inspections of boats etc... with something occassionally a little more challenging. We also provided limited detailing services. You would take over a client list of more than 500 Boaters and be rolling into making money right from day one.

I would personally take you around and introduce you as the new owner of KB Diver Services to all of the major Baltimore area Marinas. Every major Marina in Baltimore knows KB Diver Services... and we are the #1 most referred dive services business in the area. I have one very solid employee who is willing to continue on with the right owner.

The business is fully insured and paid up through August 2008. A decent amount of equipment and inventory would transfer and the vehicle (a 2003 Ford E150 Van) is negotiable. The current asking price is $75,000.00 for the entire business. Deduct $10,000 without the van. In addition, I will assist the new owner in the Spring with all handover operations and will work for 30 days to assist in any way I can for a smooth transition. I will also work PT for a fee of $40 per hour if the help is needed. FYI... On average I earned between $75 - $125 for each hour worked.

I have recently opened a new dive shop (Off the Wall Scuba, Inc.)... and prefer to have the sale of KB Diver Services completed prior to the start of the 2008 Boating Season. Historically we get busy beginning in March. Feel free to check out our website at KB Diver Services to learn more about the business. Please contact me with any questions at toodive4@comcast.net.

The Chesapeake Bay region is one of the best areas in the world to make money from Diving. I have personally been certified by PSA to teach a Recreational Boaters Course I wrote on Underwater Boat Maintenance. I will give complete training and assistance to anyone interested in taking over this business.

Start the New Year Off Right... Take over a money making existing business.

Happy New Year...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom