Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Looking for a Swim Instructor

Registered

is movin and a groovin.

Dives
    5,000 - ∞

Scuba Shades Looking for a Swim Instructor

Hi All,

We're a new scuba AND SWIM center, I know how to find scuba instructors, any ideas on how to find swim instructors?

They obviously need to be at least lifeguard certified and willing to get insurance (similar to scuba instructors insurance).

If you know anyone in the north San Diego County area, please send them my way!

Thanks,
    Kara

Kara@oceansidescubaswim.com

Registered

dry and depressed

Quote Originally Posted by OceansideScubaSwim View Post
    Hi All, any ideas on how to find swim instructors?
    Just call the local red cross and tell them you are looking, they will post your information in all the classes they have. They like to help place those that are looking.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... it takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
    Albert Einstein

Registered

is movin and a groovin.

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Awesome, thanks!
    We just opened the new Oceanside Scuba and Swim Center! Please stop by and see us.

www.oceansidescubaswim.com
    www.facebook.com/oceansidescubaswim

Registered

's a diving maniac!

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    You can also check with your local YMCA if you have any in your area. I was a lifeguard and swim instructor with one many moons ago.
    I have given up the struggle of trying to make a living in pursuit to that of building a life I enjoy.
    http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tri...axes-fees.html

Registered

Do no harm, take no sh*t

Dives
    I just don't log dives

Swim Instructor (Certified Water Safety Instructor)

Quote Originally Posted by OceansideScubaSwim View Post
    Hi All,

We're a new scuba AND SWIM center, I know how to find scuba instructors, any ideas on how to find swim instructors?

They obviously need to be at least lifeguard certified and willing to get insurance (similar to scuba instructors insurance).

If you know anyone in the north San Diego County area, please send them my way!

Thanks,
    Kara

Kara@oceansidescubaswim.com

Hi Kara,

I just sent you & Oceanside Scuba & Swim Center an email with my info (also see below).

Best,
    Mya

Swimming & Water Safety Programs at your home or aquatics facility for SCUBA Open Water Diver course participants to help them pass the pre-requisite water skills /swim skills test & for experienced divers who want to improve skills.

http://www.swim-sessions.com/SCUBA.html

Los Angeles County to San Diego County, CA