Grand Cayman Divemaster Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
2 Interns needed for dive/charter company in Grand Cayman from late August till late October, about 60 days needed to complete training and work needed. Its low season so were looking to fill our vacancies for this season with people we have trained so if you would like, and we all get on there are full time positions available in November should you be interested but its not required at this point one training and work off are complete you are totally free to move on but were trying this new approach this year.

You need to be at least Open Water diver before you come to us, however we will look at someone on referal , as in all pool and classroom complete via PADI just need open water dives. Your training will be free, but you will have to pay for materials and certification costs, we can get you your materials at PADI dealer price or you can pick them up locally and bring with.You will complete Advanced, First aid , Rescue and Divemaster as part of your package so materials needed for these courses.

You will also get great boat handling and boat crew experience from day to day work on the boats, compressor usage experience and basically anything you want to add on were willing to show. We are tied into a resort and some accomodation may be available but never sure so see it as no accoms, there is good shared accomodation available for 600 CI$ per month each so if you are happy to share with other intern thats very cheap for the island.

If you would like more information or to apply email daviesmark@outlook.com with a short resume covering dive experience, non dive skills and a general intro to you with a recent photo please. Make it for attention of Mark.D or answer this thread but emails would be so much better as well for our files.

I am already a Dive Master with many years experience. But I have been out of the industry for about a year so would need to re-up my first aid certs. I have a lot of boat driving experience as well (please see my profile for full details.). I don't even mind coming early to help with the other interns but I am looking for that position starting in November for sure. Very willing to stay for the long term even permanent. Interested in IDC as well but honestly love being a dive master. If you feel you could use a man of my experience please let me know. I will be sending my resume via email as well.

Hey bud for sure Ive got your res, one issue is work permits in the Islands are seldom given to DiveMasters, industry standard is instructor /boat captain. And from an honest point DM vs Instructor pay is very similar so you pay the guy/girl who can do the most in one package. If your free November we can look at doing your EFR and EFR instructor see how we get on for a month and then look at making the move perminent with view to doing IDC with us. Let me know how that sits with you . Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom