surveying and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huggies22

New
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a 20 year old from Australia, currently studying geospatial science (pathway to surveying) at university. I made this move because of the diversity surveying offers, and found my interest in the field from working in construction. Diving being something I thoroughly love and enjoy, I'm very curious seeing if I could make to two disciplines coincide. I have minimal understanding of hydrographic surveys, but from what I do understand, it is mostly work offside work with a few boat trips without getting your feet wet. I've been trying to research all I can on my ideal 'dream' job, but I'm not sure if A) it simply does not exist, or B) is just so out of the ordinary that it cant really be labelled.

If anybody could post even the slightest piece of input, or even related thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, Aiden.

I believe this work is done by oceanographers mostly. Yes, there are people that do this full time. Many are employed by universities and governmental agencies. I know NOAA employs a number of techniques for benthic mapping.

Back
Top Bottom