Free IDC for Divemaster-Moalboal, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leebutler

Registered
Reaction score
We are offering a free IDC, MSDT and accommodation in exchange for a 6 month work period.

Candidates should be a active status Divemaster with, or prepared to purchase, their own equipment. The successful candidate will be bi-lingual, preferred languages are Japanese, Chinese or Korean as well as being fluent in English.

Your duties during the work period will include setting up and guiding dives, logistics, sales, email and walk in enquiries, development and management of social media and website content in your language (see above).

This is a perfect opportunity for a new divemaster to learn from our team and develop some new skills, if successful this may lead to a permanent position running your own department after the contracted period. We will have a vested interest in your development as we hope this will turn into a long term working relationship.

You will have the opportunity to work in all departments of our company including reservations, equipment, compressor boats and diving.

Savedra Dive Center is a 5* IDC and Technical diver center, we run regular IDCs throughout the year, opportunities also exist to learn technical diver skills and/or eventually earn the IDC staff instructor rating, no guarantees here, you will need to show an aptitude for it.

Savedra is part of the seven sea aquanauts group with 4 locations in Cebu, this is a great opportunity for an ambitious person wishing to make a career in diving.

The offer includes 6 months accommodation, Instructor Development Course, MSDT Prep Course and a 6 month working internship.

The offer does not include travel expenses, food, drink entertainment or PADI fees and course materials. Living costs in Moalboal are very low, PADI fees and materials total up to approximately 75,000 PHP, ask us for a breakdown when applying if needed.

Please apply by email, please indicate MSDT Intern in the subject header and include an up to date resume, please detail your non diving skills and experience in the resume. Attach one diving and one non diving photograph.

Please do not apply if you do not meet the following criteria
1-Active Status Divemaster (any agency)
2-Fluent in English
3-Fluent in at least one other language, preference given to native Japanese, Chinese or Korean speakers
4-Able to commit for at least 6 months continuous work in Cebu
5-Own,or are prepared to purchase, a full set of dive gear
6-Able to fund PADI materials and fees for the IDC at the end of the 6 month period
7-Fit, Healthy, love diving and are prepared to have a great time

Send applications to Lee Butler (lee@savedra.com) with MSDT Intern in the subject header

Hello,
I saw your annoucement in Scubaboard for a DM Internship, and I was very interested. I'm from Brazil, and fluent in Portuguese, Spanish and English. I have a PADI Divemaster certification and about 400 logged dives. I have dived in many places like Egypt, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Brazil, USA, Greece, Portugal and in some grat liveaboards, always as a customer. Worked as a dentist my whole life and now I'd like to make scuba as my way of living. I have my own gear, and some experience in boat handling.
If you could give some more information on how the internship works I'd appreciate! Thank you!
Sunny regards,
Rodrigo Correia Lopes
Facebook
Rodrigo Correia

Hi Rodrigo

We offer these positions beased on staffing needs, we do have a need for a Spanish and English speaking Instructor, however at the moment (June 2016) we have an instructor covering those languages, so unfortunately no opportunities are currently available, please feel free to apply again in the future.

Right now we are very much in need of a Chinese speaking intern, if you know anyone who might be interested please see here for more info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom