Looking for an PADI instructor, remote asia start asap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ti325v

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Con Dao Islands Vietnam. Owner of Dive ! Dive ! Di
# of dives
I have made some excellent hires here on S.B. in the past, and i am hopeful we will find what we are looking for again.
Here goes...

We are looking for an instructor to fill an upcoming vacancy in our small dive operation. Male / female. Single, as there are no jobs for significant others on our island.
We would like to have you here in Vietnam essentially as soon as possible. Our current instructor has been offered his dream job, and we want to support him by getting his replacement here immediately.
I am reposting this as I missed an important point in the first posting. We did receive a large number of very nice applications, but many were from people with a technical diving background. We are entirely recreational. We do not even provide nitrox, in four years in business there have been about 20 requests for it. A reliable supply of oxygen is questionable and our profiles are generally quite moderate.
If you are truly a "Pro" you will enjoy working here, as everything is done correctly.
If you still have not yet figured out that regulators do not go on the floor of the boat and masks do not go on the gunwale, this is not for you.
If you do not have the ability to see the masks on the gunwale or the regs on the floor, this is still not for you.
I am providing you a lot of information here. I would like to know in your cover letter why this position is for you.
We do everything properly, to the point of being the only dive shop in the country to get the proper work permits and documentation for our staff.
This position is intended for a person able to commit for 1 and preferably 2 years, work permits cost a fortune and take months to get.
We have a very light work load, in our busiest season our boat only goes out 15-20 days a month. So you should be the type that can keep yourself occupied.
Course numbers are few, so if you are looking to run up your certs, it will not happen here,
Preference will be given to individuals who have been to S.E. Asia in particular Vietnam.
Required abilities include but are not limited to:

An out going personality.
Detail oriented. (This will come back to haunt you if you fib.)
Customer service oriented, I cannot stress this enough.
A positive progressive attitude.

No drugs, minimal drinking. (I don't care if you drink in moderation, but on this small conservative island, it will not reflect well on our business if you are seen in the one bar all the time.
The ability to cope with our isolated remote island location.
Cultural and environmental awareness and sensitivity will be very important, we are well respected in the community and we need to maintain this standing.
No excessive tattoos.
Piercings limited to your ears.
Team player.
Open mind.

Passionate about diving and the sea, and be able to convey that passion.
A male or female, mid twenties to early thirties.
(Male preferred.)
There is a lot of flexibility in regard to age, but maturity goes a long way here.

Situational awareness is a key attribute of a dive pro,.
I expect you to have this attribute. I cannot stress this point strongly enough.
If you do not have it, please do not apply. (This will also haunt you if you fib)

Monolingual English is okay but multilingual helps. Basic French/German are a plus.
Compensation will be among the best in the country for the right person. Numbers will be discussed with applicants who are shortlisted.

We will provide a room, basic food, base salary plus commissions.
Please send cover letter, a small photo along with a resume in English.
Please consider all of the above carefully.
I do not want to have anybody come here only to be on a plane a couple of weeks later looking for another job.
You will be expected to have all of your own gear and the experience and maturity to run my boat with the aid of a dive master and my three boat staff, who are all locals.
We work hard to preserve and hopefully restore the last remaining near pristine marine environment in Vietnam.
Please, no Koh Tao trained newly minted instructors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, references will be checked.

Workload is light; our boat goes out at a maximum of 20 days a month, but they can be long days when we are busy.
info@dive-condao.com

Back
Top Bottom