Backplate weight update-the ultimate setup!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codyjp

Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered these for my Deap Sea Supply backplate/wing:

http://www.zeagleexpress.com/html/product/products.php?T=3&pid=288

and am SO happy with them. It puts the weight up high against my back and is almost completly behind my sides so you can't even see it. it fits super comfortable. I put most of my weight there and some on my upper tank strap in XS weight pouches. Eventually i will get the weight plates that tobin at DSS builds to replace the XS bags but that will come at a later date.

just an update for anbody looking. I have never seen anybody else using them so i though i would suggest it. And the gentleman at zeagleexpress.com (i can't remember his name right now) was really helpful and shipped it out for free.

Where exactly do they go, Cody? I've not seen this one before.

They screw on to the side of you plate just beside your waist belt. then your webbing for you waist belt laces through them but the weight is carried on the plate and not the waist belt. They are the size of the Zena weight pockets but use the velcro release.

I can post pics in a few days if you like.

They are way better then the diverite weight pockets.

i really like having the weight hanging from the plate and not the waist belt. that just doesn't work for me at all.

Those look like just the kind of solution I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing!!!

I have a pair of those....never used them.I have used the large size though.One of the attachment "bolts" broke appart while I was going to a dive in Coz last Feb. Yep right on the boat and just before the dive.5 lbs of lead and they are designed for more.They did work well last summer though.

I now sell Oqycheq and use the medium weight pockets set close to the BP.These work great in combination with weighted sta and ss bp.

Ron

I still prefer the awesome streamlining of the DSS weight plates. I have a set of the 5 lb. plates that I use when I wear my 7mm. I also use two XS Scuba pockets on the upper cam band with 1 lb. in each. That leaves only 4 lbs in my DUI harness. It has really helped me to begin to get my trim under control.

Codyjp, I have the Halcyon pockets on my DSS harness (also 20 lbs capacity), and I think I understand why you would prefer to have the weight pockets attached to the backplate instead of hanging on the waist belt. But I'm not familiar with the Zeagle release system - what holds the weights inside the pockets, and how exactly are they released?

the weight is held in by velcro just like most normal "bc" weight release systems. they hold 8lbs each. I am not sure if i like the bolts that hold it on, but i can remedy that with something else i am sure. Just a stainless bolt would work fine. I first tried putting weight on my waist belt in XS pockets and that didn't even make it out of my living room. It was really a pain to get on and off. I think i will order the yellow weight bags too so i can take my weight out together.

I am considering a DSS rig and was wondering if there is a way to place about 4lbs of weight on either the upper left or right sholder. Anyone know?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom