New Diver Going HOG-DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'd like to thank Lynne, Missdirected, and everyone else who suggested that I go ahead and start forming good habits asap. Well...I went down to Divers Supply this morning and and started building my HOG rig. It's a DiveRite SS BP, harness, and 2" crotch strap. I've been wearing it around in the house for the last hour or so, getting it "somewhat" fine tuned. So far....I love it, the feeling of freedom just has to be expierienced. Compared to my BC, I no longer feel like I have half of the dive shop wrapped around my upper body.

I haven't made up my mind about the wing just yet. I'll have to do a little more homework on it.

This is just way too cool.:D
Brent

Have you gotten OUT of the harness yet? (She says, with an evil grin.) If you don't set it up properly, that can be tricky.

Congratulations on your purchase, and you're really lucky you live where you do, because you've got a good DIR community right there to hook up with.

TSandM:
Have you gotten OUT of the harness yet? (She says, with an evil grin.) If you don't set it up properly, that can be tricky.
Fond memories, Lynne ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TSandM:

Not a problem. I simply unbuckle the chest strap, unfasten the waist belt, drop the crotch strap, and then...throw myself to the ground and thrash around until it comes off.

Surprisngly this harness and I seem to be getting along rather well with each other.
Brent

Ben_ca:
Chest Strap?:11:

Have I committed an unpardonable sin?

Rainer:
OMG! :11: Cut if off immediately!!!

It seems that I've brought shame upon the forum. I will remove the offending strap and then I will promptly commit sepuku.

lol

generally speaking, DIR/HOG divers look upon chest-straps much like socialites look upon a panhandler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom