New to dry gloves ... what do I do with my bungee'd wrist mounts??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roydude

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all - after 14 years of diving dry I finally gave in and got a set of dry gloves :D. The only problem I now have is that my bungee-mounted computer is never going to work with the glove connecting system :no: (a big screw mechanism on my forearm, pretty much exactly where my computer used to go) so I was thinking I might need to return to straps.

I don't want to lose the 'failsafe' of 2 bungees (i.e. if a pin breaks I lose my computer), so I was about to order a pass-through dive-watch strap, but I thought I'd pop by here first and see what you guys do (if you use a dry glove 'system' like this as opposed to just the gloves)? Is there a better way, or do I just have to accept straps?

I put a lanyard on my dive computer through one of the top strap holes if a pin breals or something im still good to go.

Yeah, I have that problem too... big rings make it hard to stretch a bungeed instrument over your wrist.

For my main dive computer (Shearwater Petrel), I use the dual buckle system that comes with the computer, so I don't have to pull it over the ring.

For my wrist slate, my compass and my bottom timer, I just made the bungees a bit looser - still stays pretty snug on my wrist, but I can get them over the rings now..

Mike

Is the issue that the computer now is further up on your forearm, or you need .50 worth of bungee?

I bungee my computers/BT/compass differently than most people I've seen (as in $1 worth of bungee.....)

I double over a 1' length and feed the standing ends through the bend. Put a small ball keeper on the standing end and tie the end so it won't come off.

First time putting it on, have it loose, then just draw out the excess bungee and move the keeper.

If you need more bungee, just move the keeper until you find a nice spot where you don't have to adjust it to get it on/off and for how it sits on your arm.

Trim down as required.

Note I do use KUBI 80mm rings which are significantly smaller than most other rings (and don't leak/pop off/go on wrong/indestructible/etc)

BRad

feed the standing ends through the bend. Put a small ball keeper on the standing end .

What is this "standing end" you speak of?

Never mind, I just looked it up. Who'd a thunk there was so much nomenclature about knots. Knot me.

Is the issue that the computer now is further up on your forearm, or you need .50 worth of bungee?

I bungee my computers/BT/compass differently than most people I've seen (as in $1 worth of bungee.....)

I double over a 1' length and feed the standing ends through the bend. Put a small ball keeper on the standing end and tie the end so it won't come off.

First time putting it on, have it loose, then just draw out the excess bungee and move the keeper.

If you need more bungee, just move the keeper until you find a nice spot where you don't have to adjust it to get it on/off and for how it sits on your arm.

Trim down as required.

Sounds interesting! Can you post a photo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom