HDM - Hollis Digital Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis Gear Nick

Contributor
Reaction score
Here is an image of the HDM. The HDM is a full face heads up mask which contains a miniature LCD panel displaying critical dive data. This includes cylinder pressure, current depth, elapsed dive time, dive time remaining, and much more. Features removable pod for buddy breathing, switching between gases at depth, or for use of an octopus or snorkel.

This mask will be available Dema 07.

HDM-Pod.jpg

Dive Right In Scuba:
Is that just a retrofit on the datamask....or a complete different mask?

Hi Mike,

This mask is a version of the DataMask; Obviously with a full face flange instead of the standard mask flange. Currently still has the same features, however, we are looking at the possibilities of other versions also. More info soon!!

Thanks

JimLap:
It looks also like a version of the JMC supermask. Will additional pods be available to users?

Which is really just a Kirby-Morgan M-48 Supermask. So is it a M-48 with a HUD or a different mask? If its a different mask, are the PODS interchangeable with the M-4? Lastly, will a RB pod be available?

Another question. Will the dealers who carry this line need to be oceanic as well or aeris? And will you require them to have someone with at least some tech experience on staff. I know of a couple who still consider BPW, long hose, and even hogarthian configurations as something akin to voodoo. They are so locked into recreational mode and the way they teach that they would not recommend these items unless the incentive(read profit margin) was there. I applaud you on introducing this line. I have oceanic regs, I have a probe(don't use it unless I have to but that's another story since going HOG). I almost ordered the last jmc super you had in stock from Doug. I'm even an authorized tech even though Dave (our rep still has not sent me my certificate). I'm just sorry I could not wait for this line. I like the looks of the plate and wing and what appear to be the pads on the harness. They do not look too bulky and prominent like others I've seen. I may order a set when they become available. I dove last week in the pool in harness and it rubbed a little before it got good and soaked. In the time since I was made aware of this line coming out I've bought two DSS rigs, single and double, a can light, two more regs( these were oceanic), I'm ready for a deco reg in the next month or so. Have gotten heliotrox certified and began doing deco dives. My next step is adv nitrox and deco as well as gas blender. There is still some room here for more gear. I'd be happy to test and review any gear you might like me to. You can ask Tobin at DSS or Tim at nocturnal about my reviews. Praise is easy to come by not easy to earn. I do not BS and will be completely honest with you and the dive community as a whole. If you think the line is up to that challenge give me a shot. If it's good stuff I'll recommend it to every one who I think would get good usage with it regardless of what anyone else says(PM if you want to know what that means, I'll give you my cell and you can call me.) I would have bought the BPW with the HOG harness. I think the wings are a little big but that's just me. I use a 30 for singles and 50 for doubles, always steel tanks, and that is more than enough lift. Hey send me one and I'll give it a shot. Too bad you could not overnight it though, I'm flying to San Fran on thursday and will be diving Monterey on saturday.

Otter:
Which is really just a Kirby-Morgan M-48 Supermask. So is it a M-48 with a HUD or a different mask? If its a different mask, are the PODS interchangeable with the M-4? Lastly, will a RB pod be available?

Hi Otter,

The HDM is a datamask with a custom full face flange. This custom flange is designed much like the M-48 but is specially designed for the HDM. PODS are interchangeable.

More information on the RB pod will be available shortly.

Thanks

JimLap:
Another question. Will the dealers who carry this line need to be oceanic as well or aeris? And will you require them to have someone with at least some tech experience on staff. I know of a couple who still consider BPW, long hose, and even hogarthian configurations as something akin to voodoo. They are so locked into recreational mode and the way they teach that they would not recommend these items unless the incentive(read profit margin) was there. I applaud you on introducing this line. I have oceanic regs, I have a probe(don't use it unless I have to but that's another story since going HOG). I almost ordered the last jmc super you had in stock from Doug. I'm even an authorized tech even though Dave (our rep still has not sent me my certificate). I'm just sorry I could not wait for this line. I like the looks of the plate and wing and what appear to be the pads on the harness. They do not look too bulky and prominent like others I've seen. I may order a set when they become available. I dove last week in the pool in harness and it rubbed a little before it got good and soaked. In the time since I was made aware of this line coming out I've bought two DSS rigs, single and double, a can light, two more regs( these were oceanic), I'm ready for a deco reg in the next month or so. Have gotten heliotrox certified and began doing deco dives. My next step is adv nitrox and deco as well as gas blender. There is still some room here for more gear. I'd be happy to test and review any gear you might like me to. You can ask Tobin at DSS or Tim at nocturnal about my reviews. Praise is easy to come by not easy to earn. I do not BS and will be completely honest with you and the dive community as a whole. If you think the line is up to that challenge give me a shot. If it's good stuff I'll recommend it to every one who I think would get good usage with it regardless of what anyone else says(PM if you want to know what that means, I'll give you my cell and you can call me.) I would have bought the BPW with the HOG harness. I think the wings are a little big but that's just me. I use a 30 for singles and 50 for doubles, always steel tanks, and that is more than enough lift. Hey send me one and I'll give it a shot. Too bad you could not overnight it though, I'm flying to San Fran on thursday and will be diving Monterey on saturday.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to give us a call. Hope most of your questions about this new line were answered.

As discussed, an evaluation would be much appreciated as we are always looking for feedback. Whether it be positive or negative, it always helps.

A few demo days are in the near future so stay tuned for more info. FYI, i will talk to dave about that certificate...:wink:

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom