Question about Hollis solo harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just ordered a Hollis bp/w package that includes a solo harness. I have a question about rigging the harness. My brother-in-law has a traditional hogarthian harness and he crossed the shoulder straps in the back. I guess it's supposed to make it lay closer to the body. Can I do this with the solo harness or is it even necessary?

I can't wait for it to get here I've got a dive planned in a two weeks.

Well... How did the solo work? I was looking at Hollis today and like what I see. How did you rig yours? What size wing and so forth? Thanks!!!

I am very happy with this set up. I'm using the s38 wing, Hollis ss backplate, and the solo harness. I have the straps crossed in the back. It work the best for me. I have broad shoulders and the straps lay flat. If I put the straps straight they kind of twist as they come out of the plate.

The ss backplate allowed me to use less total weight. I dive with steel lp95's and a 7mm semi-dry wetsuit in California and al80's and a 3/2mm wetsuit in Hawaii. I use 8# of lead in California and 4# in Hawaii. The plate weighs 5.5#.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom