Hollis masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vino21

Contributor
Reaction score
So I finally, finally found the perfect fitting mask after many different trials. It is the M1.
I am looking for a back up and was looking into the M2 or the new M4.
Do they fit the same as the M1? is it the same skirt design, fitting and such only different shape lens and of course the metal on the M2?
Otherwise I will just get an M1 back up.
Thanks Hollis people.

Vino,

Thanks for your post and purchase of the M1! You will be happy with its performance and fit.

Regarding a great backup? The m4 makes a perfect backup at only $79. Fits and performs similar to the M1, has a frameless design and black low profile skirt. Also it folds up easily so it can be stowed in a bc pocket or mask pocket. Biggest difference between the two is the lack of Ultra Clear St. Gobain glass as on the M1.

Vino,

Thanks for your post and purchase of the M1! You will be happy with its performance and fit.

Regarding a great backup? The m4 makes a perfect backup at only $79. Fits and performs similar to the M1, has a frameless design and black low profile skirt. Also it folds up easily so it can be stowed in a bc pocket or mask pocket. Biggest difference between the two is the lack of Ultra Clear St. Gobain glass as on the M1.

Thank you. I will try the M4 at the shop. The M1 fits amazingly well. I saw the M2 on line for $40 but don't know if the fit is as good as the M1
Thanks again.

Hi,
I have a slight problem with my m1, if you look inside of the mask the skirt has a second layer (like every mask) but contrary to other brand this one is perpendicular to the skirt so when you put the mask on your face it lays perpendicular to your skin so at the end of the dive you end up with a mark on your face. Maybe the silicone's skirt should be softer, or this second layer should be more parallel to the skirt.
I still love this mask, it has the best field of view, I just don't like how it leave mark on my face.

I have to add the M1 is the best mask Ive ever had. Bar none. For the price, compared to an Atomic, which would be the second best, it's a no brainer. Great work with the M1. I do get the mark you guys mention sometimes, but I find it comfortable, fitting, with great field of view and amazing build quality.

I also want to say how much I love my M1 mask.

I had an Atomic medium fit and it sealed up great at the store but after several dives I started to get a slight leak in the bottom corners. Since the mask was so comfortable I kept diving it but I always had to be careful smiling or shifting my reg around in my mouth since it would cause the leak to get worse. The mask was also really really picky about the strap tension and the margin of error was really narrow to not make it leak worse if you over tightened the straps. I think the Atmoic silicon just got softer and softer which made it even harder for the pliable material to seal around my face.

after browsing a ton of threads I thought I would give the Hollis M1 a try. I ordered and after opening the box was a bit worried about the way it sealed up against my face but took it anyways on a 7 day liveaboard to Turks and Caicos. By the end of the first day I knew the Hollis M1 was my new mask. It sealed up perfectly and no leaks! I had never realized how annoying it was to always clear my old mask several times a dive. The M1 was really comfortable and although the silicon is a bit stiffer I think that helps establish a better face seal. The glass is very clear and not sure I can tell that much of a difference in clarity between the Atomic. So if you have an atomic medium fit mask and having a tough time with sealing and the oceanic shadow mini is too small for your face, try the Hollis M1 which for me got a great leak free seal.

This thread is old and clearly dead but in-case anyone (like me) stumbles across it: The M1 is the greatest mask I've ever used. Between comfort, field of view and overall quality, nothing compares. That said I've never tried the M4 but It'll be my back-up in the near future. As for Valéry's comment, I've never had this problem but try to loosen your mask so that external water pressure holds it to your face, the back strap should not be "pulling" the mask into your face.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom