F2 release date?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im in the market for alight weight travel fin and am considering the F2s if I have an idea on release date I can wait but if unknown will go with another fin. If you could provide an answer that would be helpful. Cheers.

Well my F2s arrived can't say I'm overly impressed with the finish not sure what's going on with the monoprene and/or the moulding. They have pits in them, the finish is not consistent they have shiny parts, dull parts, vertical lines, horizontal lines, swirls going in all different directions. Had I have seen them first hand I probably wouldn't have bought them, in a word they look "rough". I'm wondering if anyone was doing a QC check prior to leaving the factory.

The sizing is a little off it was recommended that I buy the small but even with the springs adjusted to their tightest position they only just fit in fact quite possibly too loose. They are a very large small. I'm a US 6.5 and wear 5mm boots.

I only hope they dive better than they look and fit. I'll find out Sunday so will post impressions after getting them wet.

Hmmm....Over all so far a little dissapointed given their cost. I expected better quality from Hollis.

Last edited:
Well my F2s arrived can't say I'm overly impressed with the finish not sure what's going on with the monoprene and/or the moulding. They have pits in them, the finish is not consistent they have shiny parts, dull parts, vertical lines, horizontal lines, swirls going in all different directions. Had I have seen them first hand I probably wouldn't have bought them, in a word they look "rough". I'm wondering if anyone was doing a QC check prior to leaving the factory.

The sizing is a little off it was recommended that I buy the small but even with the springs adjusted to their tightest position they only just fit in fact quite possibly too loose. They are a very large small. I'm a US 6.5 and wear 5mm boots.

I only hope they dive better than they look and fit. I'll find out Sunday so will post impressions after getting them wet.

Hmmm....Over all so far a little dissapointed given their cost. I expected better quality from Hollis.

Hi and thanks for your post. The swirls or lines mentioned are a normal part of the molding process, called flow marks. These almost always stay with the fin throughout its life. The shiny portion you mentioned would have been caused by releasing agent from the fin tool. The same is common with our F1 fins and is removed after the first few dives. Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further questions including size concerns. Enjoy getting them wet :D 888-383-DIVE

Hi and thanks for your post. The swirls or lines mentioned are a normal part of the molding process, called flow marks. These almost always stay with the fin throughout its life. The shiny portion you mentioned would have been caused by releasing agent from the fin tool. The same is common with our F1 fins and is removed after the first few dives. Please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further questions including size concerns. 888-383-DIVE

Thanks for your relply Nick, I'll dive them and see what happens. All the other fins I own have a consistent finish so I was surprised at the finish of the F2s but if they dive well lack of asthetics will be forgiven.

---------- Post Merged at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:10 PM ----------

PS I've seen the F1s and the finish is far superior to the F2s, no comparison.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom